Wednesday, January 11, 2006

31 years old....31 points!

I signed up for weight watchers online about 10 minutes ago. i started to sign up last night and clicked out of it. then it gave me this "hey don't go, here's another 10 bucks off the price" so i saved that and signed up this morning.
i didn't want to start today but i wanted to get use to everything on the site. it seems confusing to me so far. i know it shouldn't but the points are something i'm going to have to learn. in my mind i think that 31 points is A LOT of points. and the food menu that they suggest uses them all up in a day. i have this idea in my head where you don't eat much to lose it. MY idea of a menu is oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and a piece of chicken and potatoes for dinner. ok THIER idea of a meal plan is...oatmeal, fruit, milk, tea for breakfast, hamburger, veggies, fruit, milk, salad, dressing for lunch, a snack of tea, toast, jam, veggies, and dinner of chicken, spaghetti, sauce, milk, tea, fruit, whipped cream, a smootie...i mean it's not really like that but the list goes on for days!! so immediately in my head i said "self, follow it, they know what they are doing" and the other part of my mind said "self, if you eat all that crap you're not gonna lose anything" i have to get into a better mind set. remember one of my things was not to knock myself down. so i think i'll play around with the points tomorrow to see what i can come up with for a meal plan for thursday and to see how i do at work.
then keep on the plan and totally get into it on monday. here are some questions..

what type of vitamin should i be taking? i hate water, does anyone have suggestions on how to get all of that water into me? how can i hold my self accountable for this for real?

3 comments:

jenna sais quoi said...

My tip for the water- I drink the bottled stuff, because to me, it tastes better. Some people like to add a little mint or lemon to jazz things up, or you may prefer to drink hot water in the winter instead of the icy variety.

I also count my decaf tea and my Crystal Lite in my water tally. And I've noticed if I pre-measure my amounts (I have a 32 oz mug) it helps me to get through it. But yeah, there will be days where you'll feel like you live in the bathroom, until your body adapts.

Claude Richard said...

Good menu !

Anonymous said...

You have to eat. Eat the points. I used to think the same thing when I first started.

You must eat and you must exercise. Seriously. :)